Marina Bay Singapore Countdown 2013
Wishing Sphere Project
Have you heard about the wishing sphere project?
Starting since 2005, this is the 8th year where the wishing spheres will make its appearance. It has become a tradition and a permanent feature of Marina Bay Singapore Countdown growing from a modest 2500 spheres to 20000 spheres for this event.
This year, the Marina Bay Singapore Countdown celebrates the importance of Gratitude.
The penning of New Year wishes can be done at 27 wishing stations located across the island . Marina Bay invite all to look back to the past, review their present and put down their appreciation for life's many blessings.
All 20,000 spheres collected and sign will be floated in the Bay of Hope and Light.
|Official Bloggers : The Wacky Duo|
We started on our journey as Marina Bay Singapore Countdown Official Blogger with the notion of seeking a wishing sphere to pen down our hopes.
Do note the dates and timing available. Our initial destination was at Esplanade. However we were there early at 4pm while the signing starts at 6pm (no thanks to Daddy's efficient planning) Nevertheless our spirits were not dampen as there is another wishing station nearby at One Fullerton. Luckily we had our trusty scooters with us.We made it across Esplanade Bridge in the jiffy to reach the gates of One Fullerton where the majestic Merlion stands guard at the Singapore River.
|I love Marina Bay|
|The wishing Station|
|Draw a wish|
|Daddy making a wish|
|Penning a wish|
|My wish for 2013|
We will be bringing you the behind the scenes updates such as sphere installation on a later date.
|Back to Esplanade|
|Wishing Spheres on countdown night|
The wishing stations can be located at Malls, libraries, selected school, selected locations islandwide. There are a total of 27 wishing stations for you to choose.
The list is as follows
- Changi City Points, B1 near Cold Storage
- City Link Mall, B1 opposite TCC
- Compass Point Shopping Centre,L!
- Jcube, L2
- Millenia Walk, South Entrance
- The Shoppes at Marina bay Sands, near B1 Concierge
- Tiong Bahru Plaza L2
- One Fullerton L1, Fri -Sun 10 am-10pm
- Singapore Flyer, near Ya Kun, Fri-Sun, 10 am to 10 pm
- Causeway Point, L1, Daily, 1030am-1030pm
- Cathay Cineleisure Orchard, L1, Daily, 12pm-10pm
- The Cathay, L1, Daily, 12pm-10pm
- Bedok Point, L1,Daily
30 Nov 16 Dec, 12pm-8pm, Daily
- Central Public Library
- Jurong Regional Library
- Serangoon Public Library
- Tampines regional Library
- Woodlands Regional Library
- Temasek Polytechic 28 Nov - 10 Dec 2012, 9am-530pm, Mon-Fri
- Republic Polytechnic 19 -30 Nov 2012, 9am-530pm, Mon-Fri
- Esplanade - Theatres by the Bay , 30 Nov 023 Dec 2012, 6pm-10pm Daily
(Esplanade Concourse and Esplanade Outdoor Theatre)
- Asian Square, L1 , 30 Nov-7 DEc 2012, 11am-3om, Mon-Fri
- The URA Centre 30 Nov-16th Dec 2012, 12pm-2pm, Mon-Fri
- Marina Bay Financial Centre Tower 3, DBS, L3, 10-14 Dec 2012, 11am-3pm, Mon-Fri
- Singapore Visitors Centre@ Orchard, 30 Nov-16 dec 2012, 930am-1030pm, Daily
Do visit the following for more updates on Marina Bay Singapore Countdown 2013
Alternatively you can like us on facebook for updates on Marina Bay Countdown