Chan Brothers Taiwan Customised Tour
Part 1 : Chan Brothers Customised Holidays : Taiwan - Tashee Blooming Oasis, Swiss Garden
Part 2 : Ever Green Grassland- Sun Moon Lake- Wen Wu Temple- Sun Link Sea Resort
Part 3 : Kaohsiung- Lotus Pond Lake, TaiChung - Eda Theme Park
Day 7 Attraction : Taipei 101 台北101
We proceed to Taipei tallest building , Taipei 101. Taipei 101 is a sky scraper with a distinct Asian architecture. Completed In 2004 , it holds the title of the world's tallest building till it was eclipse by Burj Khalifa in 2010. During our stop , we only managed to stop by the shops and misses the opportunity to visit the summit for a panaromic view of Taipei. The shops were quite similar to Singapore and we would have prefer the option of heading to the top of Taipei 101 than to window shop. Unfortunately we could not do so due to time constraint.
Lunch was served at the a heavily decorated avant garde restaurant that is more known for its facade than for its food.
|Art Deco Restaurant|
Accommodation :WestGate Xinmending
|Westgate Taipei room|
|Ximending Pedestrain crossing|
The area is known for being the source of Taiwan's fashion and subculture. In addition, there is the Ximending pedestrian area that is well known as a shopping enclave.
|Food in Ximending|
|Ay-Chung Flour rice noodle|
|Guard changing ceremony|
|Tall Ice cream|
- Able to travel as one family. That means more eyes on the kids!
- Many attractions at the shortest time
- Visit different parts of the country within 1 trip.
- Planned Itinerary - Hotels, transports and most food options pre arranged
- Journey could be quite long. In some parts , we were traveling for 4-5 hours on the bus
- Time spend at attractions were inflexible and mostly too rush
- Trip was misrepresented - it was supposed to be a scenic trip but with the various long stops at pre selected local shops, it turned out to be a 'shopping' trip in some parts.
- Local tour guide was in a rush mode and had even 'lost' part of the group during the trip. However other than this incident, he did his role to a t.
If you are looking for a comprehensive tour of Taiwan , especially if it is your first time, a tour group may be the preferred mode given the convenience. If you are traveling in a big group, the customised tour would be a good option. For a price similar to the normal tour , you get the added benefit of traveling as a family if you meet the numbers. Great for a bonding session.
As for us, will we visit Taiwan again?
Perhaps... But the next time, we would most likely stay in one city and explore it on our own time.
Till then...(Memories from Taiwan Dec 7 to 13 2013)