Views from Daddy M
Challenge of the day
- Google Daddy Blogger Singapore
- Count the number of Daddy bloggers in the first ten pages
- From there, try to create a top ten list of Daddy Bloggers in Singapore
Did you managed to complete the challenge?
Fret not, I could not do so either, no matter how hard I try. I even toy with the idea of a a top 5 list from the results generated and I barely could make the list.
Now do the same for Mommy Bloggers. Within 3 pages, you probably can do a top 20 if not a top 50 list. There is even a secret club called Singapore Mommy Bloggers with over 150 Mommy Bloggers on board.
My theories for this are as follows
- Mommies gets 4 months maternity leave vs 0 for Daddies. Thus no time for Daddies to document the kids' journey (time for paternal leave !)
- Daddies finds it un-man to get a blog
- Daddies are too busy at work , thus no time to go online to blog
- Daddies are shy creatures, preferring to be behind the limelight
The Wacky List of Daddy Bloggers in Singapore
|All rights belongs to the following Daddy Bloggers|
Blogfathers!Sg which is a collation of Daddy Bloggers in Singapore.
As much as I try to search, sadly I can only find 8 other active daddy bloggers in Singapore (9 if you include yours truly). I am sure that there are more out there, so if you are willing to share, do drop me a mail and I would gladly add you to the list.
There are some things I had observed amongst Daddy Bloggers
- Our kids are the center of our attention
- Most Daddy Bloggers are fantastic photographers
- We have one main aim for the blogs we set up. Telling the tale of parenthood through Daddy's eyes
Do share with us your links if you decided to give it a try.
In the meantime, to the Daddy bloggers.... keep up the good work!