Dec 2012 School Holidays : Travel Destinations for kids
Dec 2012 School holidays : Activities and workshops for kids in Singapore
Now for the final instalment
We would be featuring the places that you can brings kids to during this holiday. Most of the places we had visited over the many weekends. For an idea for a Day of Fun, do use this handy guide!
We kick off the series with playgrounds.
Singapore is a kid's paradise, there are playgrounds on every nooks and corners of the estate. We selected a few choice indoor and out door fun for the action pack day out.
Shopping malls - Shopping malls are much more than just shopping for Mummies and Daddies. Kids can have their share of fun too!
|Shopping mall playgrounds|
- 112 Katong Water Playground - Water playground design for kids under 10.
- Tampines One Roof top Playground - Animal theme Water playground. Learn as you play along. There is a dry area for those who does not intend to get wet
- Changi City Point Water Playground - Mixture of water and a dry mini obstacle course
- 313 Somerset - Dry playground located just outside the food court
- VivoCity Water Playground - Huge outdoor area with both water feature and interesting obstacle course
There are many pockets of outdoor playground located in the neighbourhood. It could be in parks or located within a cluster of HDB blocks.
- Pasir Ris Park- Biggest outdoor park in the East. Suitable for ages 2 and upwards
|Pasir Ris Park|
- Hort Park - Learn about horticulture. There are play ares for kids there as well. Visit the latest butterfly garden locaed at Hort Park as well.
- Jacob Ballas children's garden- Asia first Children Garden
- Port of Lost Wonder - Ahoy! If you are in Sentosa, this is a must do for kids
|Port of Lost Wonder|
Other than shopping malls, there are a large variety of specialised indoor playground for kids located all over the island. Here is a list of a few indoor playgrounds that were featured in our journal
- Hokey Pokey @ Suntec- designed for toddlers under 6. A toy paradise
- Explorer Kids @ Downtown East- need space to sprint. This huge complex will create mini Flash all around the compound
- Canopy@Changi Airport Terminal 1 - Changi airport latest indoor playground. Need to rest for 30 mins? Put your
monkeyskids here for clean good fun.
|Canopy@ Changi Airport|
- The Slide@ T3 - Who can believe the largest indoor slide in Singapore could lead to at least an hour fun for the kids? Find it at Changi airport terminal 3
|The Slide @ T3|
- Amazonia @ Great World City - Immerse yourself in the Amazon and let loose the little beast
- Polliwogs @ East Coast- the kids get to play, while you slip your coffee by the sea. Glorious fun
- Fidgets @ Turf City - it may be under minor renovation but it will still get the kids moving!
Billed as tourist attractions, it does serve up wonders and treats for kids as well
- Changi Airport : The airport is more than a place travelling to a new destination. It is a destination by itself. With 3 terminals and numerous dining and play options, this giant complex is akin to a giant shopping mall. No surprise to see the airport filled up with locals and tourist during weekends and holidays. Top picks are The slide @ T3 and Canopy @ T1 for kids
- Gardens by the Bay : Singapore's latest attractions is meant to awe and inspire. Nature edutainment for kids. The sprawling gardens is a great place to roam and chill for kids
|Gardens by the Bay|
- Jurong Bird Park : Asia's Largest bird park just got better with Birdz of prey playground. Find 5000 species of birds in a 20 ha paradise
|Jurong Bird Park|
- Marina Barrage : Have a picnic, fly a kite, watch the world goes by in this massive picnic site
- National Museum of Singapore : For a little history lessons for kids, head down to the National Museum of Singapore. Other museum options include Singapore Art Museum, Asian Civilization Museum and Singapore Philatelic Museum
|NAtional Museum of Singapore|
- Singapore Science Center : Learn and explore the various mysteries of science in Singapore. The interactive exhibits and outdoor water playground will entice the kids to no end. We know cos we spend almost 5 hours in the Singapore science center at our last trip!
|Singapore Science Center|
- Singapore Flyer : Our favourtie Big Circle. We have been up countless of times, but it was a moving experience in every one of them!
- Singapore Zoo : Sometimes little monkies like us like to see our peers. Visit the Zoo for an animal education. Don't forget a pitstop at Kidsworld, where kids gets to play and learn at their own special spot at the zoo.
- Universal Studio Singapore : Singapore world class theme park. You do not need to travel overseas to explore all the glamour and fun. It's literally right at your doorstep. Hop on down for some Hollywood fun. Don't forget the new Sesame Street ride and shows!
|USS Sesame Street|
Off the beaten track
- Pasir Ris Kids Kampong : Go back in time at Pasir Ris Kids Kampong. Indulge in Longkang Fshing and small animals feeding in this rustic attraction.
|Pasir Ris Kids Kampong|
- Bay East, Gardens by the Bay : Gardens by the bay has a lesser known garden known as Bay East. Great place for kids to practise rollerblading, slider and bikes. If you need a zen moment, be there during sunset.
- Resort world Singapore : Need a staycaction? Resort world promises to bring you to another world without leaving our shores. Be enchanted by attractions such as Universal Studios and Maritime museum. Watch the spectacular crane show and dive into the beach pool at Hard Rock Cafe. If you need more things to do, just head to Sentosa for more fun and sun.
- Fullerton Hotel : Enjoy the charm of the old school hotel. Fullerton is located at the heart of Marina Bay. There is never a dull moment at Marina Bay. Check out what you can do at the bay!
- Sentosa : Singapore Sunny Playground. An island paradise on its own with numerous hotel options. Over 20 attractions all packed in one location
We hope you enjoy our holiday ideas and may your holidays be a fun and blessed one.