|The Thing Under my Bed|
Bedtime stories have been far and few in between the household. Most of the time we are either playing till we sleep or there is a lack of books to read.
To our delight , publisher Ethos books and the author Adeline Foo, had offered to sponsor one of her four "Monsters in the mind" series for kids for our bedtime read.
|About the author|
Adeline Foo is the author of the best seller "The Diary of Amos Lee" that was first published in 2009. All 5 title have made it to the Straits Times best seller list for more than 84 weeks. In addition, ' The Diary of Amos Lee' had been adapted to animation shorts as well as a tv show on Medicorp kids channel okto.
The "Thing under my bed " is part of her "Monsters in the Mind " series.
|Who is making the noise?|
The story is about Buster who loves snacking before bedtime. However he has the bad habit of tossing his half eaten food under his bed. One night, he hears strange noises. He had imagine it coming from under his bed and thought there is a monster underneath!
We would not divulge the ending. However it was a good read for us. We like it especially so when Daddy made those monster sounds and pretend to be one while reading to us. The book has many actionable section that Daddy loves to act out. Just imagine him pretending to be a monster and chasing us around.
Scary, we say...
Nevertheless we did learn a thing or two from the book.
- One - never eat before bedtime
- Two- to clean up our mess before we sleep
- Three- Daddy can be a scary monster!
"The Thing under My Bed" is available at Kinokuniya bookstores, MPH Bookstores, Times the Bookshops, and Popular bookstores, as well as smaller bookstores such as Select Books, and Bookabura.It retails at $14.44.
Online purchase are available here.
|"Monsters in the mind" series|
Wacky GiveawayThanks to Ethos books, we have a copy of another " Monsters in the Mind" series for giveaway. Entitled "Nu Nu, the ring neck Monster" , the book is about Nu Nu who use her wits to engage a ring-necked monster to fend of the hungry beast.
Simply do the following by 28th June to qualify
- Like The Wacky Duo Fanpage
- Share the picture above via this link on our Fanpage
- Leave us the comment " Monster Rocks!"
Do share as we love sharing this with you!
Wacky T & C
- The above steps must be completed to qualify
- Giveaway close on 28th June 2359 and results will announce on Facebook on 2nd July
- Giveaway is open to everyone with a valid Singapore Address for delivery. ( no PO box and Hotel Rm)
- Winner to respond by 28th June on collection details, else giveaway will be forfeited.
- We reserve the right to choose another winner in the event of a forfeit.
- Winner will be selected randomly and The Wacky Duo decision is absolutely final.