Some time ago , I had written a post on how Daddyhood is akin to being a Superhero. Being a Dad, especially a 'freshie' Dad, will be a task that would demand one to do things that are beyond their pre-fatherhood imagination. To be a Father is an easy task, to be a Dad or specifically a Hero Dad would require some form of guidance.
Speaking from personal experiences, new Dads will try to learn as much as possible when their newborn arrives. With the advent of Internet, it is no surprise to find a Dad goggling for answers to certain situations involving dealing with children. Thus when a book titled ' How to be a Hero Dad' comes along, you tend to pick it up and browse through , hoping that along the way you will unlock the secret to becoming the best father to your kids.
The book is divided into sections showcasing what a Hero Dad does, the 10 things a Hero Dad is and the 10 things a Hero Dad is not. Within the sections are individual chapter focusing on different aspects of parenting from a Dad's perspective. A particular chapter I found interesting is the relationship between Fathers and Sons. In addition , I do find the 10 traits of a Hero Dad endearing.
Personally I find myself relating to what is written. The book does offers tips which is relevant in today's context. There is also a 'time to reflect' questions to let you review your own parenting style at the end of each section. It may be simplistic at parts, but honestly , you do not need to be a rocket scientist to be a good Dad. It is an ideal book for Dads, both new and old, to pick up and learn or relearn a tip or two on parenting.
|Fathers and Sons|
|Be a Hero Dad !|
About the author
Johnny Ong has conducted numerous workshops focusing on parenting and student development. A full time writer, speaker and trainer, he had written Don't Live Your a Life in One Day and is a regular contributor to The Straits Time and online media.
|Click for link|
Stand a chance to win a copy of How to Be A Hero Dad
We are giving away 1 book each for 2 Readers.
Simply do the following to qualify
- Like The Wacky Duo Facebook Fanpage
- Share the above picture on Facebook (Click here for Facebook Link)
- Join the Rafflecopter below
- a Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway close on 10th October 2014 2359
Winners will be announced on 131014 on Facebook and this post
Terms and Conditions applies
- Open to residents of Singapore with a valid Singapore address (no PO BOX)
- One Winner per household
- Prize are subject to change by the sponsor
- Thewackyduo.com is not liable for the condition of the Giveaway Prize
- Selected readers will be contacted directly via email. Reader are expected to collect the item by end October and liaise directly with the sponsor directly. Failure to do so will lead to a forfeit
- Winners of Giveaway over the past 1 month will be disqualified
- Prizes are to be self-collected, no delivery option is available for this giveaway
- Self Collection will be at
Armour Publishing ShowRoom
Block 1003, Bukit Merah Central #02-07 Singapore 159836
Monday to Friday 10am to 6pm