All work and no play makes the Wackies a dull DuoIt is no secret that we are Playground Junkies.
Over the past 2 years, we must have visited countless playgrounds both indoors and outdoors. So it is only apt that we have an updated list of Singapore top indoor playgrounds. In no particular order, here is a brief of what to expect in the playgrounds selected. We only bring you what we had experienced, so these choice play places are the ones we had visited over the course of the past 2 years.
As for admission charges, do refer to individual playgrounds as they varies from time to time. General admission range from $15-$25 per entry. Weekdays are usually cheaper compared to weekends.
A little disclaimer
We are not connoisseurs of play, all opinions expressed are solely base on our playtime experienced on site. Observations are from our POV, so if you are an adult, read it at your own risk!Let the fun began!
Update : May 2014
Our List got supersized! Check out the latest listings with brand new playgrounds added here!
By the Bay
Hokey Pokey @ Millenia Walk
|Hokey Pokey@Millienia Walk|
A big play zone about the size of 2 basketball court loaded with toys for both genders. There is a GB graded ( Great for Babies) slide along with a big ball pit. Toys from dolls , make believe suits , train set, castle set, numerous cooking stations , cars of different sizes and shapes along with quality toys from Fisher Price, Imaginarium and more can be found here.Check out our review at Hokey Pokey.
- Singapore biggest toy playground ( at least to us). A kids toys haven.
- Toys suited for both genders, from doll houses to castles.
- No big kids , so the little tots can roam about freely.
- Safe slide and ball pit for the endless sliding pleasures.
- Open concept floor plan allows the adults to have a clear view of the children.
- Cafe counter at the side for adults to seat and work while envy us at play.
- If you child is older than 6 , this would not be the place to be in.
9 Raffles Boulevard Millenia Walk#02-42/42/44/45 (Next to Parco) Singapore 039956
Toy lovers. This place is paradise to them.
Polliwogs@ Robertson Quay
|Polliwogs @ Robertson Quay|
Indoor playground comes to the quay. The location means residents from the central region get to enjoy their share of fun. Armed with slides , ball pits, shooting gallery, flying fox , tot's zone and more. This place promises trills and spills at almost all corners. Full review here
- The 3 storey slides are a hit amongst kids.
- 360 degree shooting gallery promises countless shooting practices.
- Wall climbing area for kids.
- Place for tots under 3 as well.
- Cafe corner with free Wifi.
- Watch the younger kids, they might get overran but the older ones.
- Lack of minders in this playground. Should have at least one for some crowd control as it can get rowdy at times.
11 Unity Street#02-18/19 Robertson WalkSingapore 237995
Hyperactive kids who loves climbing and obstacle courses.
The City @ Liang Court
Billed as Singapore first indoor learning playground, the City is not your typical indoor playground. Expect role playing in different locations such as the supermarket, the clinic, the superheros zone and lots more. Superheros outfits and princess gown are avaliable.Read the review here
- Great place to be a superhero. Dress up as Spiderman, Superman, Thor amongst others
- Want to experience shopping in the supermarket? How about a Doctor? A realistic mock up is on site to allow kids a trial
- Feels like a giant playroom
- Play is not structured, thus learning is limited
- No slides or climbing structures for the hyperactive kids
- Limited toys option. Play is mostly dependant on the child's imagination.
- Not for younger kids below 2
#03-04A Liang Court, 177 River Valley roadSingapore 179030
The Superhero wannabe. Great place for a party for older kids.
Amazonia @ Great World City
The first time we visited Amazonia, we were in awe of the jungle play gym. The sight of a 4 storey slide is utterly enticing. The climb up was a fun challenge and the way down was even more shiok. The toddler's play area was relatively big and 'enclose' away from the main play area ensuring younger tots have their share of fun.
- The best and highest slide in an indoor playground. Think Big Splash for the older generations who are reading this.
- Challenging vertical play structure.
- Jungle theme playground that takes the theme seriously.
- 3D Glow Golf and Space ball areas for kids and adults.
- No Peak and off-peak price.
- Entrance fees at $33 per child age 3-12 is too much for a normal family outing.
- Other extras like Glow Golf and Space balls require additional fee.
Great World City mall, Level 3 Unit #03-08,1 Kim Seng Promenade, Singapore , 237994.
Special occasions due to the high fee. The birthday parties were a blast.
Fidgets@ The Grandstand
The 'brand new' old kid of the block. Fidgets have undergone a facelift and is now known as Fidget's World. Now occupying almost the whole 3rd floor of the new Grandstand, it is refreshed with a new cafe , new toddler area, party rooms and impressive shoe racks.
- New look, flooring , new cafe , new toddler area, new activities. Same old great fun.
- The 3 different climbing structures and a wicked slide
- Space to run run run
- Most bang for the bucks $19 unlimited play on weekends and $95 for a pass for 7 visits ( $13.57 per visit)
- Slogan change from keeps them moving to keep them screaming. It's real Loud in there.
- Separate cafe area from the main play area means your child is out of sight during play time.
200 Turf Club Road#03-10 Singapore 287944
Value adventurers. For the facilities and the space, it's a bargain.
Go Go Bambini
|Go Go Bambini @ Dempsy|
Located in the swanky Dempsy area and next to Ben and Jerry's It is one of the first indoor playground that had emerged in Singapore. This was the first place where the wackies were exposed to indoor play. Expect the usual slides, obstacles and balls pit. There is a smallish toddler's area with a cafe on site.
- The 3 storey cage-like play structure
- One of the steepest slide found in indoor playground
- The swanky location
- The location, you need to drive or to be driven in order to reach the premises.
Go-Go Bambini Website
BLK 8 Dempsey Road, #01-15 Dempsey Hill, Singapore 247696
Ice cream lovers, after all it is a good excuse to visit Ben and Jerry next door.
Playful Elves@West Coast Plaza
|Playful Elves@West Coast Plaza|
Step into the magical forest located in the wild west of Singapore. There are the usual playpit, shooting gallery, slides. There is also a bouncy castle on site with a mini train set. It also houses Singapore first mini race track for future F1 racers in an indoor playground.We test drive it here
- Go zoom zoom round the mini racetrack.
- Slides are much gentle so it is more suited for tots.
- Who can resist the bouncy castle?
- Cafe by the side to watch over the kids.
- Minders in the playzone to watch over kids
- The playground is a tad smaller , so older kids may find it limiting
- Lack of play area for tiny tots under 2
Playful Elves homepage
154 West Coast Road, West Coast Plaza, #02-02/03/04 S (127371)
Race car racers age 2-8
Polliwogs @ East Coast
|Polliwogs@ East Coast|
An indoor playground next to one of Singapore's largest outdoor playground for adults, the East Coast Park. The usual fare of slides and shooting gallery is found on site. Toddler are also invited to play at their own specific area. In addition there is usually an outdoor bouncy slide on site.
- Indoor and Outdoor play in one location
- Chillout area for adults indoor and outdoor, next to the beach.
- Great location for a day out to East Coast Park
- May need to drive as public transportation options are limited in East Coast Park
Polliwogs East Coast Website
1020 East Coast Parkway#01-02 Singapore 449878
The Sun Kiss kid. After all a tan is guaranteed if you decide to play on the outdoor bouncy slides. Alternatively you could always head to the beach thereafter to work on it.
Explorer Kids@ Downtown East
|Explorer Kids@ Downtown East|
The largest indoor playground in Singapore. It has the only glowing ball pit in Singapore large enough to fit 10 children in it. Other facilities includes a mega play area, a toddler area and a rock climbing area known as the cliff. There is also a challenging rope course known as the adventure highlands.
- The glowing ball pit will entice most kids to jump in.
- The Cliff is a unique rock climbing structure perfect for
- Large area for kids to roam about. No worries about lack of space here.
- Located in the Far East at Pasir Ris meant losing 3/4 of the targeted audience.
Explorer Kids Website
E! hub Downtown East 3rd Floor1 Pasir Ris Close, Singapore 519599
Runners - The space is huge!
Canopy@ Changi Airport
|Canopy@ Changi Airport Terminal 1|
An indoor playground at the airport? You bet! Canopy is a smallish set up in Changi Airport Terminal one. Comprising of a 2 level structure, it occupies no more than 1 basket ball size area. With a small slide and trampoline, it will keep kids entertain for a bit.
- A playground in the airport gives families more reasons to visit the airport.
- It's free if you spend $30 as a Changi Rewards Member
- Only $6 per entrance. Cheapest indoor playground.
- It's a tad too small to spend hours in it. It's more like dessert rather than the full course.
- Limited Play Options
Changi Airport Terminal 1Viewing Mall, Level 3
Frequent flier kids age 2 to 12 who want a legit reason to fly around at the airport
The list is by no means exhaustive, there are plentiful indoor playgrounds in Singapore that we had yet explored. Here is a special mention of those that we have yet to visit.
SAFRA indoor playgrounds located in Jurong and Toa Payoh. Literately the highest in Singapore.
Kallang Indoor Playground. Drop off allowed for kids above
Indoor Playground located in Fusionpolis
Located at The Shoppes@ Marina Bay Sands. Classy shopping meets classy play.
The Petite Park
Nested at Changi City Point. Meant for kids under 7
The Playhouse@ RochesterHouse
Part of a colonial bungalow, this playhouse stands side by side with Seb's Bristo. There is an outdoor sandpit and water play area located at the same premises. Meant for kids under 7
An international indoor playground in Singapore. Located at Changi Airport T3, Vivocity and United Square. Bumper cars are available at Vivocity.