# SponsoredExplorer Kids reopens in Downtown East.
The last time we were there, it was during Halloween 2014. I remembered at that time it was one of the largest indoor playground in Singapore. Since than, it had undergone a makeover in order to keep up with the times.
So what had changed?
Let us take you on a mini tour around the new eXplorerkid
Play AreaSand Play (New)
|Sand Play at eXplorerkid|
The first play area you would see as you step into eXplorerkid would be the Sand Play session. Using kinetic sand, this is a great mess-free way to play with sand indoors. Needless to say this non sticky sand is a hit amongst the kids. With building moulds provided by the playground, building a sandcastle is as easy as 1-2-3.
Why change a good thing when it is well maintain?
If your child wants to be a mountain climber, the cliff is where you would start to practise. It is the same structure as it is in the past. Compared to other play area, this is underutilised as it is hidden behind the Mega Play area.
Toddler Play Area
For toddlers, the toddler play section has a generous play area. The area is meant for kids age 4 and under. However when we were there, this rule was not strictly enforced.
Lit Ball Pool
In addition to that, a smaller ball area is there for younger kids.
Another unique area at eXplorerkid would be the Adventre Highland. This is an obstacle course that both kids under 110cm and above 110 cm can enjoy!
There are two new rooms for those looking to host a birthday party at eXplorerkid. Basic and different themed party packages are available for different needs and group size. Do check with them to fund out more.
As for parents, there are no area within the playground that allows you to take a break. It is a waste though as a cuppa of coffee would be great while waiting for the kids when they play. Instead there is a TV corner that parents can use to 'chill'. The corner is probably meant for kids, but given the limited space to sit, adults might just invade it.
There is also a nook for arts and craft. These cost extra to participate.
A nursery for mothers can be found in the playground. The space is small but it works. It would be great is they can replace the plastic chairs with a more comfortable sofa instead. For toilets , they are now found outside the playground instead. While we were there , the public toilets were still under renovation.
For your shoes, it is actually house 'outside' the playground. There is space for a few strollers and lockers for rental.
|Source : As of May 2016|
|Thanks for the invite|
eXplorerkid E!hub @ Downtown East
3rd Floor, E!hub, Downtown East, 1 Pasir Ris Close, Singapore 519599
To let you experience the playground, we will be giving away 2 pairs of 2 x w hour freeplay vouchers for use at eXplorekid E!hub outlet at Downtown East for 2 winners.
Simply do the following to qualify.
3) Join the Rafflecopter belowa Rafflecopter giveaway
- Giveaway closes on 15 May 2359
- Results will be out on 18th March on this post.
- Winners are to response via email by 21st May with Full Name, contact number and mailing address.
- Thereafter prizes will be mailed to you. Prizes are valid for one month. Do note that prizes will be send via normal mail and TheWackyDuo.com will not be liable for lost mail. Alternatively, you can opt for registered mail with a $3 payment.
- All steps to be completed as indicated to qualify
- Ensure your likes and shares are set to public for us to verify, otherwise you will be disqualified. Facebook accounts set up to join Giveaways ONLY will be disqualified at the discretion of TheWackyDuo.com
- Open to Singapore residents with a valid Singapore mailing address (No PO Box)
- Only one winner per household. Duplicate Winners of a similar giveaway on other websites may be disqualify. The final decision will be made by the sponsors.
- Prize are subject to change and fulfillment by the sponsor. Winners are not allowed to change the prizes or exchange them for cash. Prizes are not meant to be sold or transferable.
- Thewackyduo.com is not liable for the prizes indicated including the experience and the event of default by the sponsors.
- Winners of past giveaways in the last one month will not qualify for this giveaway.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Blogger. You understand that you are providing your information to thewackyduo.com and not to any other social platform.
The Wacky Duo were invited to the playground for the purpose of review. All opinions are of our own.